Every single month I struggle as I read the children's stories and try retelling them to you, my readers. I ask myself how anyone could harm any of these children.
This month was not any different. I struggled with all sorts of emotions. How do I share with you that my heart is melting at how cute Geoffrey is and at the same time breaking at the thought of him not being able to be with his family? How do I smile back at his cute pictures while holding back tears?
It's days like today that I am reminded of how important Teule is to these children. Geoffrey is so much happier with us, and that makes me happy.
Rescuing orphans and vulnerable children and sharing the love of Christ with them is a cause that I am passionate about. Teule is transforming lives and I am so glad I get to be part of it. I would like to give you an opportunity to join in the work that Teule is doing.
Here are three simple ways you can be involved:
1. Sponsor Geoffrey: Sponsoring Geoffrey is $50 a month. That will ensure that he gets food, clothes, and attends school. Email our Sponsorship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up with sponsoring Geoffrey.
2. Make a one time donation: Do you want to help but cannot commit to a monthly donation? Make a one time donation to help Geoffrey. http://www.teulekenya.org/donate.html 3. Forward our newsletter to friends and family to spread the joy of partnering with us.
We put together a list of 10 little blessings to share. Thank you for making all these possible.
1. Talking Baby: Baby Deborah is talking. She can form sentences and the kids love that they can hold conversations with her.
2. A Pregnant Cow: Daisy, our cow, is 8 months pregnant. That means we will have milk. Who would have thought kids would be excited about taking care of a pregnant cow?
3. Eight Students Joined High School: If you are a parent, you know this is not a small feat. Most of the students have been with us since before they started school. We could not be prouder of their achievements.
4. Operation Christmas Child Partnership: OCC is a ministry of Samaritan's Purse that distributes shoe boxes packed with Christmas gifts to children all over the world. This year, Teule got chosen to receive 100 shoeboxes.
5. Professional Pictures: An anonymous donor made a donation for our children to get professional pictures taken. We are so excited for them as this is a great way to boost anyone's self esteem. We will print the pictures for each child to get one great picture of themselves.
6. New Stoves: After over 10 years of having the same three stoves, we have been blessed to get new stoves. The new stoves will reduce the cooking time and use less firewood. The older stoves are being put to good use as our children have converted them to playhouses.
7. School Breaks: We love it when all our older kids come back home. The high-schoolers are back and the little ones could not be more excited to have their older siblings home for a month!
8. Great Neighbors: Our neighbors have shown up with food items when we were running out. So thankful for each one of them.
9. Healthy Kids: No one likes sleepless nights or seeing their babies hurting. We are so glad that our children have been healthy. 10. New Sponsors and Partners: We survive on sponsorship and are always looking for more. Join our sponsorship family to be part of all that Teule is doing in the lives of children in Kenya.
What a great year so far! Join us in making this year even better for our kids by praying for us and making a one time donation today.